After football and soccer comes BASKETBALL! No. 1 will be playing for his high school team and both No. 2 and No. 3 will be playing rec ball through our local youth club. I can’t wait! It was 33 degrees during yesterday’s soccer game… 33 degrees. No, thank you!
Here are TEN telltale signs that you’re probably a basketball mama too…
- You never leave home without your stadium seat, that just so happens to be in your team colors. Ain’t nobody got time for bleacher butt!
- 99.9% of your Instagram posts end with #ballislife.
- You have more water bottles lying around in your car than you do people in your family to actually drink from them. So that’s where they all went!
- You know your way to all of the gyms within a 50 mile radius of your house. Who needs Waze? Get yourself a basketball mom instead!
- Summer tourneys are your family vacations. How else would you be able to squeeze in a four day trip to the beach without missing a single game or practice?!
- Your non-basketball mom friends look at you like you’re crazy when you tell them you’re charged an entry fee to watch your own child play!
- You can’t wait for your baller’s annual checkup with their pediatrician to find out just how much (fingers crossed!) they’ve grown. Is he 6’5 yet, doctor??
- Your charm bracelet collection has been taken over by those brightly colored, admission wristbands. Pink, purple, orange, green. Name it, you’ve got it!
- You know so much about sneakers that people think you work for Foot Locker; When they come out, how much they cost, what NBA players are wearing them.
- You also know that a good pair of slides are just as essential as their sneakers, even if they are only worn on the way to and from games!
Good luck this season, Mamas!