Coach Hubby is coaching No. 3’s basketball team this Winter. We don’t have the tallest or most talented team, but this group of 10 year olds has been playing their hearts out week after week. So much so that Saturday’s game was for a spot in next week’s championship game!
We got off to a slow start putting us behind by 16 points early on. Our boys continued to push through though and got it within 5 points with just under a minute to go in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately, we committed a foul (we were in the bonus) and missed all of our shots. Ugh! Such a heartbreaker.
brighten sweeten up the rest of their day, I made these fun Oreo cookie basketballs.
Seriously, how fun are they?! They were easy, quick, and yummy. Right up my alley! They’d be perfect for birthdays, end of season parties, March Madness, or even post-game snacks.
Want to make them yourself? Then just keep on reading!
All you need:
- Oreos (I used double stuffed but regular would work too. As would golden Oreos!)
- Orange candy melts
- Black cookie icing (it will set, making the cookies stackable)
That’s it. Literally only three ingredients!
All you do:
- Melt candies according to directions on packaging (you should end up with a smooth, lump free consistency).
- Dip your Oreos, one by one, in the candy melts and place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Be sure to completely cover both sides.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes, until the candy melts set/harden.
- Once the cookies are completely set, begin drawing on the lines using the black icing. Start with a straight line down the center, followed by two curved lines on each side, and finally a horizontal one across the middle.
Place the cookies back in the fridge for about 25 minutes to allow the lines to set.
Remove the cookies. ENJOY! (Store cookies in a Ziploc bag. They should last for a couple of weeks. But let’s be honest, when do cookies ever last that long?!)