- Father-son bonding time. Hubby accompanied No. 1 and his seventh grade class on a field trip this past Monday. They went to the National Museum of the Marine Corps as part of their history curriculum. I’m so glad that No. 1 is still okay with his parents chaperoning. When I sent one of his friend’s mom pictures, she responded that her husband had volunteered to go as well, but that her son said “please don’t!”. Too funny!
- A goal AND a touchdown. No. 2 scored a goal at his soccer game on Saturday! Oh yeah, in the rain. Like, pouring rain. Like raining so much that there were only TWO mothers at the field…and I was one of them! It obviously didn’t bother the players though. His team went on to win 7-1 and are now 2-0 on the season! No. 3 scored (a touchdown) at his flag football game on Sunday as well. I had quite the “that’s my boy!” type of weekend!
- Kind words and coffee. Yesterday was Administrative Professionals Day. I support eight lawyers (yep, all by myself!) for a living, so I fall into the admin category. They surprised me with a Starbucks gift card and some super sweet words. A couple of my favorite were “Thanks for all you do. You’re a star!” and “We wouldn’t survive without you!”. They really know how to make a girl feel special!
- Non-conflicting sports schedule. This weekend’s games are going to work out perfectly! That doesn’t happen too often, so when it does, I jump up and down and do happy dances. No. 2 has a soccer game at 9:50 am on Saturday, No. 1 has two basketball games at 5 and 7pm that evening, and No. 3 has a flag football game at 2pm on Sunday. Winning!!
- SUN! We had five straight days of rain. Five! I was beginning to think I lived in Seattle and not Northern Virginia. It was wet, gloomy, and cold. Luckily, the sun finally decided to show it’s pretty little face yesterday. Both this sports mama and her garden were equally happy. I was so excited to put my hands in dirt again. I’m hoping that all of these April showers will be bringing lots of pretty May flowers…and some yummy veggies too!
What are you thankful for today?